Braden Russom raises some great questions and presents some awesome observations in his recent post titled “Do You Really Need A Mobile Website?” His first questions opens the topic of raise of mobile websites. His research points out some interesting things:
- notice how the traffic of mobile sites varies by industry.
- not surprising retail and government lead the way.
- high law sector mobile usage – who knew.
My observations are:
- high or increased holiday retail traffic followed by high software traffic early in the year.
- the retail sector also drives the mobile ad spending increase according to gartner.
- highest mobile traffic is driven by the industry with the highest number of mobile sites.
Overall, whether there is an increase or not may be a mute point. Your competition has a mobile presence. Think about the onset of the internet in the early days of the web. Many holdouts eventually learned that having a website was not a luxury. Users will not conduct 100% of their business on a mobile website – we are not there yet. However, accessing information, referring business your way, and gaining initial insight to your business is a key proponent of your mobile presence.
Nicasio Design can provide mobile / responsive website development. Let us know if you are in the market for a mobile friendly version of your current website. Recent mobile site: tybeebb.com/