How To Plan Your First WordPress Design: The Easy Guide
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system (CMS) that powers millions of websites around the world. All the steps one must take to design and develop a WordPress website can be tough, but here is an easy how to guide. These 2 steps are a the berginers guide to make the most impact on your customer’s and for the visitors to your website.
1 | Start with the end in mind
Your first WordPress design site can be easy. Don’t listen to all the noise that makes it sound hard. Making a plan for your website upfront is essential, as it will keep you focused on your goals. Spend a little time doing some competitive research and mapping out the structure of your site.
As a starting point, brainstorm the following:
- What do you want to accomplish with your WordPress design?
- Who is your target audience, or your most valuable visitor?
- What does your target audience need to know about your business when they arrive on your site?
- What action do you want your most valuable visitor to take on your website? Should they join your mailing list, purchase a product, or inquire about your service?
Write down as much detail as you can when you’re in this planning phase. With more detail on hand, you’ll find it easier to craft your website’s flow and content to create a compelling user experience.
2 | Create Your Brand Identity
Creating a strong brand identity will help to imprint your logo, imagery, and core messages in your target’s memory – so when they recall the service or product you provide, they’ll remember you, first.
Consider the following questions:
- What is the core purpose of your product, or the most important message you want your brand to communicate?
- What is your single-minded proposition (SMP)? In other words, what is the most important thing you can say about your brand that differentiates you from potential competitors? Your WordPress design will compliment these things.
- What is your brand vision? What are your brand values?
Next, define your brand identity, and create a mood board that reflects how you’d like your brand to look and feel: Which logo style will show off your brand, and communicate who you are and what you do with your WordPress design?
These simple steps will get you well on your way for a beautiful WordPress design that you will be happy with for years to come!