So now you are about to launch your new custom awesome sauce WordPress website. Here are some best practices you can follow before you push the [Publish] button:
1. BACKUP EVERYTHING (database and files).
2.Check for broken plugins/functionality/etc.
3.Upgrade everything (plugins and core WP).
4. Revert backwards and/or fix any issues.
5. For goodness’ sake, change your admin page URL.
6. Before you publish the site go to Admin > Settings > WordPress – Site URL, and set the root domain.
7. Set your DNS to resolve to the host.
… and the above should be repeated on an ongoing basis to prevent an unsecured WordPress website.
Need help making it go live? Let us know. We’d love to help.