– Fixes an emoji loading error in IE9 and IE10
– Fixes a keyboard shortcut for saving from the Visual editor on Mac
– Fixes oEmbed for YouTube URLs to always expect https
– Fixes how WordPress checks for encoding when sending strings to MySQL
– Fixes a bug with allowing queries to reference tables in the dbname.tablename format
– Lowers memory usage for a regex checking for UTF-8 encoding
– Fixes an issue with trying to change the wrong index in the wp_signups table on utf8 conversion
– Improves performance of loop detection in _get_term_children()
– Fixes a bug where attachment URLs were incorrectly being forced to use https in some contexts
Per WordPRess.org – Earlier versions 4.2 were affected by critical cross-site scripting vulnerability, which could enable anonymous users to compromise a site. 4.2.2 WordPress upgrade includes a ‘comprehensive’ fix for the cross-site scripting issue. 4.2.2 also fixes 13 other bugs which you can learn more about on the release notes page for 4.2.2.
If you need a hand, contact us today don’t delay! Or call us at 912-441-7011.